Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cross Edge interview

Sure a lot of info coming out about this game recently.

An interview with Nao Zook...

Is there going to be lots of voice acting in Cross Edge? If you need someone to voice a Southerner, I do a mean Hank Hill impression. You could fly me out and I'll record some lines for free. What I'm really trying to ask is will there be Japanese and English language options?
Nao: Haha, I wish you would've told me that before! I am sure you'd do a great job on it. But unfortunately, all the voice recording is done, and there is quite a lot of it in this game. All of the original Japanese voices are included, and we also recorded over half of the total voiced lines into English.

From that last sentence, I wonder if they meant "all the dialogue" when they said "all the voices" or if "all the voices" just means that everyone who had a voice in the JP version has at least one voiced line? Confusing. I hope that they really had enough localization and debugging time. Debugging time, mostly.

Also, at the end of the interview, they essentially announced that we're getting Atelier Annie, which is the newest Atelier game released on DS. It just came out this month, in fact. That'd make it the first traditional Atelier game to come over to the US! I wonder if we'll be getting Rorona too?

No comments: