Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cost to repair my laptop?

$1341.85!

If I didn't need it for school, I wouldn't have gotten it repaired. They needed to replace the outer case, the LCD screen, and the video card, and because it ended up classified as "user-created damages", warranty didn't cover it.

Thank goodness for a backlog, I guess? This is one reason why I won't be buying many games from now on. I said that I would buy Prinny, Mana Khemia 2, and Cross Edge. Prinny was preordered last week, but I plan to wait for post-release reactions for MK2 and CE now.

Maybe I'll get Suikoden Tierkreis instead? Or that DS Valkyrie Profile game, though it's an SRPG. Not going for the Star Ocean remakes right now, going to wait for used copies of those to pop up...

6 comments:

Izanagi_Mitsuka said...

ouch there....thats expensive...><

user is at fault.....thats rough...

Vio Platanic said...

O_O That's insane!

It might've been cheaper to get a new one and just transfer the HDD over but I'm not sure about this.

Kari said...

The problem with buying a new one is having to buy the Adobe Creative Suite as well, which is $1700+. The computer itself hovers around $2000.

Vio Platanic said...

Ouch, well that seems to have been the best move in your situation.

Computers over there seem to be quite costly as to compared to the ones here unless the one you have is a high range one.
--
Viorate.

Anonymous said...

Adobe Creative Suite only lets you install it on one computer? What a rip. I believe that if you've bought the product, you've bought it-- doesn't matter what hardware you want to run it on.

Anyway. hm. Do you know when Tierkries comes out? I didn't know there was a release date yet...

Kari said...

Well, the Creative Suite was pre-installed on the computer before I got it, so I don't have CDs for it. Luckily I have CDs for the Final Cut Suite, if I ever need those...

Tierkreis is supposed to come out in March, but there's no definite date, I think.