Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Early Opinions on Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Rune Factory 2

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
-The graphics are a bit blurrier than I'm used to, but still beautiful.
-I keep getting bored when I have to sit through 30+ minutes of recruitment every chapter. I just wanna do the dungeons~
-I plan to do the Seraphic Gate this time. Hooboy.

Rune Factory 2
-The days seem to be longer than a normal HM game, longer than the first RF even. I'm only in Summer!
-However, raising people's FP and LP is a lot easier. I've got 4 girls ready to marry me. Granted, this is Generation 1 that I'm talking about, and I'm sure it's harder in the longer Generation 2 section.
-Speaking of Gen2, I want to get there quickly, but really want to get all the girls to 10 FP/LP first...especially Rosalind, since she gives 50k Gold for one of her late quest rewards!

6 comments:

Vio Platanic said...

The PS1 Valkyrie Profile was never released over here and I've really been meaning to get a PSP and Lenneth. Have you played the PS1 version? If you have, how good a port is Lenneth?

--
Viorate.

Kari said...

Yeah, I own the PS1 version, got it from a friend case+game for $50. It's a pretty good port, here's a list of changes from the guide I'm using:

-The anime and FMV scenes have been replaced with 12 CGI movies.
-You cannot sort items.
-Only your active party can change equipment.
-If you switch Valkyrie from bow to sword or vice-versa, all her skills will unequip themselves. This could cause you a problem during the A ending, when she automatically gets a sword.
-Some enemies like Barbarossa do not cast their Great Magics. So they will be quite a bit easier on this version.
-Some of the North American censorship made it into this version (Badrach's smoking is gone), while some didn't (Lezard has a pentagram when he teleports).
-The original North American voices are there, but there are new voice actors for the movies (except Lenneth, who has the same voice actor).

In my opinion, it's a great port overall. I got it for $25 used case+game, which is a good price to me.

Izanagi_Mitsuka said...

cool. good luck on the seraphic gate run tho....its hellish. and barbossa doesnt cast great magic?....aww no fun...LOL

but overall Valkyrie Profile series is one of my favorite RPG's out there^^....

Vio Platanic said...

Sounds good, the only thing that really worries me is the anime and FMV scenes being replaced by CGI movies.

--
Viorate.

Kari said...

the only thing that really worries me is the anime and FMV scenes being replaced by CGI movies.

I think there were two anime scenes total, the opening and one of the endings. The animation really wasn't that good, either.

Vio Platanic said...

Ah OK, I was worried that it was going to be like Ys VI.

Thanks for letting me know.
--
Viorate.